NSX GT3 Racer
Born From a Pure Racing Philosophy, 1990-2005
Revolution, Again, 2017
Revolution, Again, 2017
About the Acura NSX
Created to bring a new experience to the supercar segment, the next-generation Acura NSX challenges conventional beliefs about supercars, much as the first generation did a quarter century ago. Combining cutting-edge and world-first technologies, the 2017 NSX breaks the mold through a first-of-its-kind Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive power unit, a multi-material body structure, advanced aerodynamics and a cockpit that supports performance driving on every level without sacrificing comfort. The 2017 Acura NSX is the only supercar designed, developed and manufactured in the U.S. with production exclusively at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio.
The next-generation Acura NSX is produced at the new, dedicated Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio, using domestic and globally sourced parts. With trial production already underway and production start-up scheduled for spring 2016, this world-class manufacturing facility employs ground breaking techniques in weld, body construction, body painting, final assembly and quality confirmation to ensure the highest levels of precision and craftsmanship.
- Innovative blend of people and technology: throughout the PMC, NSX production is centered around the skills of approximately 100 experienced engineers and technicians building the NSX to precise levels of quality and craftsmanship.
- All-glass quality confirmation center: A total quality approach to production is evident not only in the mindset of every PMC technician, but in the very design of the facility, with an all-glass quality confirmation center located in the middle of the manufacturing floor. This allows for technicians from every department to monitor all aspects of a vehicle as it moves through the entire production process.
- World's first weld technology: the world's first use of all robotic MIG welding employs eight robots to apply approximately 900 MIG welds. This surgical welding process results in a space frame that is incredibly precise, in addition to being ultra-rigid and lightweight.
- Craftsmanship: hand craftsmanship complements high tech robotic processes throughout the assembly of the NSX: o Every bolt on the NSX is hand started by a PMC technician o Exterior body panels are installed manually at the end of assembly and from the inside out to ensure 100 percent symmetrical side-to-side fitment
- Lasers are used to find door hem edges, fenders and door gaps in order to install all exterior panels without requiring adjustments
- Master engine builders: the NSX's 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine with dry sump is hand assembled by master builders at the nearby Anna, Ohio engine plant. Each engine takes over six hours to complete and is machine balanced. o Each NSX power unit - engine, 9-speed dual clutch transmission with direct-drive electric motor, and front Twin Motor Unit - is bench-tested and broken-in (the engine to the equivalent of 150 driving miles) to ensure that every NSX is track-ready upon customer delivery
- The engine build process was benchmarked against some of the company's race engine programs to ensure the highest possible quality and performance standards were achieved
Designed, developed and manufactured in North America, the 2017 Acura NSX will have a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $189,900 in Canada and will top out at $250,100 when equipped with all available factory features and options1. As Acura's first build-to-order vehicle, customers will be able to design their NSX by selecting one of eight rich exterior colours and four interior colour schemes available in three different seating surface options. Customers can further customize their NSX through several exterior and interior features including three wheel designs with painted or polished finish, carbon-ceramic brake options, a carbon fiber interior sport package, carbon fiber roof, and more.